Where might one find inspiration for the design and theme of an EDM dance party? Perhaps just a little fiddling around with some Lego(TM) bricks is a good start. That is how it happened with Baconometry, the fifth incarnation of BaconBall, an art-filled EDM party put on by some great customers of ours. Through a bit of collaborative goofing off between myself and their team, a little corner-set cube of the popular building toys led to a design concept that inspired a theme that was then brought to life.
My reason to share this is simply to inspire. To encourage you to think outside of the box (or of the box up on it’s corner if that suites you). How might you update your same-old event? How can you change the mood, excite the guests, wow your client, bring it to a new level? Bacon Ball undeniably took their event up a notch while actually cutting their sound and lighting budget from prior events. They just got creative.
Pro Sound & Lighting has a very large and growing assortment of event tools available to you. Whether you need everything for the show, or just a thing or two to augment your inventory, we believe that our stellar offerings and our unbeatable pricing structure can help you achieve a new level of wow without breaking your budget. So what do you have planned for your next event?
Event: Bacon Ball IV
- Location: AudioCinema, SE Portland
- Sound System: Double KLA/KW181 system; source equipment: customer supplied
- Structure: Global 3m and 2.5m box truss segments and cornerblocks
- Structure Lighting:American DJ Flatpar Tri 18’s and Flatpar Tri 7s
- Ambiance: American DJ Eco UV Bar DMX Black Lights, 4(qty)
- Intelligent Fixtures: Elation Platinum Beam 5R, 4(qty)
- Atmospheric: Antari HZ300 hazer and American DJ VF1300 fogger
- Show Control: Emulation Pro with ART-SSC interface and Midicon controller surface
Let us know if we can help bring your next creative idea to life.
(event photos by MJTdesign)